Saturday, January 8, 2011

Throwback NYE cocktails

Guest post written by Mindy Wilson

I love vintage things. If it was my choice and I could find the clothes to fit me I would wear vintage, but unfortunately it's not that way. I also love antiques and just learning about the past in general. Period TV shows and also movies are really great too, so I thought that for New Year's Eve this year I would throw a period party and get everyone to dress up like it's the 20's.

One of my favorite shows right now is "Boardwalk Empire" so I decided to just tell people to dress based on the show they didn't know what to wear. I even sent them links to screen shots of the cast with my Wireless Internet just in case they needed a visual and had never seen the show.

I went to a costume rental shop and have been looking up some NYE cocktails that they would have drank back in the 20's, except it will be legal now. I think everyone's going to appreciate my extra effort and hopefully everyone will dress up.

No comments: