Monday, March 12, 2012

Data

As a small business owner we are always faced with the task of keeping our data safe. Whether it be tax information, client information, or important knowledge based information I find it to be a struggle. Finding reliable and cost effective business solution has been a challenge. I spend most of my time running the business and taking care to make sure daily operations go overly smoothly. My personal preference is working with a reliable company that offers all of the services that I need. To have your data needs spread out over multiple companies can get just as confusing as the decision themselves!

I have found a variety of options for hosting my data elsewhere so that I do not need to fear a crash of my personally owned external HD's is to use a cloud hosting situation. The biggest concern is then my security but when the cloud is a private cloud. This way I know I am the only one with access to the data. There are just so many options that a small business owner would never know about without the help of a trust worthy data solution company. If you have ever experienced a hard drive crash you know how devastating that can be. Losing years worth of valuable information can bring down a wall of stress onto your head. I unfortunately had to deal with this a few years ago. It taught me an invaluable lesson! Data recovery is possible but not always a true option. Sometimes data just can not be restored. I spent a night crying about the loss of some important tax information that I was unable to retrieve. After stressing and fearing the worst I realized that when we have important information we must do our best to keep it safe. It is sometimes as valuable as our favorite jewelry and we would never leave that just lying about unsecured.

I am by no means a complete computer geek so I do not understand all of the terminology or the options. Having a trusted company explain these to you definitely helped set me into the right direction. So take it from one business owner to another please step up and protect that valuable information before it is too late!

No comments: