Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Guilty Pleasure: Gossip Girl


I appreciate the guest post, Jamie Guy

Gossip Girl is my favorite teen drama, though it is a guilty pleasure. The story is definitely lacking in quality, but the show makes up for that in other areas. My roommates and I watch Gossip Girl on my DirecTv satellite I orederd at http://www.directstartv.com/directv_current_offer.html.

Every single character on Gossip Girl is socially conscious and worries about what those around them will say and do. Most of the characters have some sort of pristine image to uphold, particularly Blair and Nate, and that can be annoying sometimes. I wish they were just regular middle-class people, and I think the show would be the better for it. However, I do like that the new age of blogging and cell phones are incorporated into the show. Everyone spreads rumors via the web and sends pictures and catty messages. It all contributes to the gossip that surrounds the "it" crowd.

My favorite thing about Gossip Girl is the clothing. I love the dresses that Blair Waldorf wears and I think she's very trendy and definitely dresses the part of a queen bee. Though I can't afford the designer clothes worn by people like Blair, the outfits on the show have inspired many of the pieces in my closet. It's a good show to watch if you're looking to find new ideas for expanding your wardrobe.

No comments: