Thursday, June 17, 2010

Adventures in Satellites

I helped a friend out this past weekend installing their satellite dish for TV service. It went surprisingly well. I am not a mechanically inclined person by any means but I am good with directions. With his hands on and my ability to read we made a great pair. I was guessing it would take hours to do but I was surprised at how easy it was. The challenging part was finding a clear line of site. We learned a compass is a smart part of any installation. The large trees in the area did not help but we found a way to work around them. Once we got the site lined up it all started to fall into line. Of course what would have been easier was to let someone else install it. Directv comes with free satellite dish installation so do not worry if you have no clue what you are doing you will just get to sit back and watch. I have to admit I would have preferred this way but we know men are stubborn and like to do things on their own at times.

We did refer to government rules for installing a dish.
I never realized there were such things so it is a good thing to know. The information wasn't surprising though. After making sure we were all clear it was time to turn on the tv on and check out the good work we had done. He is now happy and i actually feel good for being able to conquer such a task without prior experience. I have been watching the United States of Tara it is an awesome show! Maybe it will be date night! lol

No comments: